PPC stands for Pay-Per-Click which means you are paying for traffic. The main provider as of this time is Google through its Google AdWords. You need PPC if your website does not have traffic or only a few people visiting it. You may have an idea about SEO but do not have time to expand your knowledge further about it or simply you do not want to do the SEO. You need traffic badly in a hurry. Your wish can be easily granted through PPC.
Benefits of PPC
When you start a PPC campaign, you can control the traffic. Instant traffic is what PPC can give to you. PPC is a powerful resource when it comes to maximizing your return on investment (ROI) and making immediate cash flow. Most companies are now relying on this alternative to promote their business online and increase sales. Most people in the world are now using the Internet for different purposes. There are a lot of benefits you can get with PPC marketing.
- Immediate exposure of ads to millions of internet users around the world. As a result, your website can get a lot of visitors.
- Your ads will be placed in positions where they can easily be viewed for reasonable price.
- You can set up a campaign strategy to your target market who are ready to buy your products. You can choose keywords for your product that can catch the attention of major search engines. This can make more traffic to your website and better ranking in search engines.
- You can increase the number of your customers and make long term relationships by providing their needs.
- You pay only to the number of visitors that you received in your site not the number of times your ad is shown.
- You can set up limits on your cost-per-click.
- You can easily expand your reach from local to global.
- PPC provides the same benefits to small and big businesses.
- You can test your new ideas even before the launching of your products or services to test if your ideas are effective in the market. Re-marketing is possible in PPC which helps you enhance your marketing strategy and test for solutions.
- If you have only a small website, you can target larger quantity of keywords. You can target keywords as many as you want.
- If you already enjoy high rank on search engine result pages, you can enhance your rank further when you use PPC ads. This will give you a stronger presence on the market and give you a chance to build authority which will build your brand.
PPC is generally faster than any other SEO techniques because PPC networks have many search partners and other advertising networks. PPC is a very flexible form of advertisement with very low risk. It is fast and easy to implement and you can change your ads anytime you want. It is very cost-effective because the money you spend for the campaign is used properly considering that you only have to pay for the actual clicks on your links.
PPC Troubleshooting Techniques
Many new PPC marketers are wondering why their account just cannot perform well despite putting significant amount of time and effort. If you are one of them, you may want to take the standard steps to correct everything that gone wrong with your account.
- Check your keyword performance. Perform an extensive examination of the top performing keywords on your account to determine if there is any drop of traffic they are sending to you.
- Perform keyword diagnosis. Know if you added negative keyword that might be blocking your ads from showing up the most applicable keywords.
- Check seasonality. Check if seasonal variations lead to the drop in conversions.
- Monitor competition. Determine if your competitors have taken aggressive move or adopting new strategies that are effective for them.
Some experts in PPC take additional steps to analyze the problem to increase the number of conversions received on an account.
- Display network. Try to display network for the theme that gets the most number of conversions on the search network.
- Utilize Image ads. Put image ads to your display network campaigns because users on the display network are likely to click on image ads.
- Use Google Analytics. Take advantage of Google Analytics data such as Bounce Rate to determine the standalone landing pages’ performance. Take a look at Top Content report to know which pages on the website perform the best. Then, make a specific standalone landing pages based on this report.
- Retargeting. Retarget unconverted users who have been on your website.
- Apply ad extensions. Utilize site link extensions or call extensions to engage prospects in a more efficient way with your standard text ads.
Those strategies in troubleshooting your PPC advertising campaign can help you in case you experience high spend no conversion situation. But, there are certainly many factors left to consider that generally overlooked by many such as budget optimization, keywords bids, and the use of board match modifier match type, ads revision, keyword enhancement, and ad scheduling.
Those points of PPC campaign discussed in this article are very basic but most PPC marketers tend to ignore or forget them very often. It is suggested to make the most of the basics before giving up hope.
Mark Baleos is a freelance Online Marketing and Technology writer. He is currently writing guest posts in behalf of Domains4Less, provider of low cost .nz domain registration and web hosting.