Before you read this article, I want you to set your mindset right. Bear in mind that this is an article to talk about ways to make money from websites or blogs, it is not "how to make more money from website". I am going to talk about ways to monetize your websites or blogs not how to improve the money making performance of your website.
Top 15 Ways to Make Money From Websites or BlogsI tried my best to summarize 15 ways to make money from websites in this articles. I will continue add in more information in the future when there are new ways to monetize a site or blog.
1. PPC AdvertisingMost of us is making money using this method. This method is pay per click monetizing methods on our sites. When people click the ads, then you make money. If no clicks on the ads, then you make no money.This the most conventional way to monetize your site or blog.
By using PPC advertising, the most important criteria to make money from it is to get a lot of high quality traffic or visitors to our websites or blogs. The money making performance of PPC on our websites or blogs is based on Click-through-Rate (CTR). The higher the CTR, the better the performance of your PPC ads on your site. Learn How to improve CTR for AdSense Ads.
Popular PPC Advertising Network:
I am being paid by Google AdSense for more than 7 times and I am being paid by Bidvertiser as well. So far, this way of making money from website is slow but steady.
2. CPM Advertising - The Way to Make Money using Number of Page ImpressionCPM advertising is a least used method to monetize a website or blog. This method help webmaster or bloggers to make money based on the number of page impression generated on the ads. This means that the more page views on a websites, the more money that website can make. CPM advertising is suitable for high traffic site such as forums.
CPM means cost per mile which refers to cost per 1000 impression. So, a blog that have 500,000 page views per month can generate $500.00 per month for a $1.00 CPM Ads.
Some of the Popular CPM Advertising Networks are:
The bad part of making money using CPM Ads is that they require your site to have very high traffic or else they will not approve your application as a publisher.
3. Sell Banner Adspace - Hard But Lucrative Way to Monetize Your Websites or BlogsThis is the most lucrative way to make money from your website but it is not easy to get advertiser unless your website is very popular. Top websites are making a lot of money from this method. Adspace can be divided into several size but the most common size is 250x250 ads, 300x250 ads and 728x90 ads.
I have been trying to sell adspace on my blog but somehow it is not working. Maybe my blog is still not as popular. If your blog or websites have around 500 to 1000 per day, then it might be a good starting point to sell some adspace on your site.
Some of the Popular Site to Sell AdSpace:
4. RSS Feed Ads - The Hidden Money Making Potential for WebsiteMost websites or blogs already have RSS Feed as for my blog here, I have more than 3000 subscribers which is great because I can place RSS Feed Ads on my feed to make some extra income. Most of us are using FeedBurner and since FeedBurner is so popular most of the RSS Feed Ads network provide a way for users to monetize their feed.
Bidvertiser is a good one to start because it is simple and it is paying users based on CPC. This means when the ads are click, you get paid. Unlike other network, they only offer CPM based RSS Feed ads which is not as profitable.
Some of the good site to make some money on RSS Feed:
5. Paid Forum - Own a Forum? Monetize it using Private SectionOk, if you own a forum and you have large number of active users in your forum, then it might be time to create a VIP section in your forum. By having this VIP section, you can actually charge your users who want to enjoy special private section or you can charge them for membership upgrade.
Membership upgrade is the common way people use to make money from their forum. They give special feature to VIP members such as the ability to place classified ads, sell e-book etc.
Some of the forum software:
6. Job Board - Charge Money for People who Post Jobs On Your Site/BlogSome blogs or websites have a job board where people can post their job to be shown to the visitors on that site. This is a great way for people to outsource their job to wider audience. So, by taking this advantage into account, bloggers and webmasters who have large amount of visitors can charge small amount of fee per job post. This is a great income source in which I am still learning how to do it properly. If you want to look for work from home job, you can go to "Work From Home" section to learn more.
Some site that offer job board script:
7. Selling and Renting Internal Pages - Fast Way to Make MoneyI found some interesting site that are making great income from their websites. They sell part of their site for money. One of the site is MillionDollarWiki which is selling the pages for $100.00 each. Buyers can add contents to the pages and then resell the pages at higher price. I think that the owner of the site made millions using this simple idea. Another site is MillionDollarHomePage which sell pixels. The owner is now a millionaire because his site is sold out.
8. Donation - Getting Donation for Readers, Not Easy thoughThis is hard. You want people to donate to you is harder than you can imagine. Donation works best on site about personal development and site about helping other people. If your site is about making money or about money, then 99.9% that you can't get even one donation.
9. InText Advertising - Advertise Your ContentInText advertising is the method that convert the words in your content into links. When people click on the links, you earn money from it. This method is getting more popular because it is engaging more users and more easy to get clicks. This makes publishers like to monetize websites or blogs using InText advertising.
Popular Intext Advertising Network:
10. Buy and Sell Website - Build Value and Sell for MoneyA lot of people is doing website flipping. the idea of website flipping is to build a website from scratch, build value for the site and finally sell it. There are people making millions by flipping websites. One of the top site to buy and sell website is called Flippa.com. It is a great site to buy and sell websites. The not so good thing about flipping websites is that you build the site but when the site is finally successful, you sell it. For me, I do not feel happy doing this because all my efforts are gone and other people are reaping the rewards.
11. Selling e-book on Website - Selling Digital ProductsSelling e-book is another way to create another extra income stream for your blog or site. It depends on how good your ebook is. If you put in a lot of efforts and you put in a lot of valuable information. Then, you can sell it at higher price to make more money. Try not to sell low quality ebook at high price because this will hurt your reputation and your visitors will not come back for more.
12. Selling Hardcover Books - Print Your E-book and Sell It As Physical ProductsSome people go to the extend that they print their ebooks and sell as physical product. Some customers like hardcover books because they want a feel of holding the book in their hand and read it. Personally, I prefer physical books than ebook because I do not like to read books on a screen.
Some of the site for publishing and self-publishing:
13. Selling Templates and Design - Can We Do This For Blogger's Blog?Well, I have yet to find any site selling templates and design for Blogger's blog but I saw a lot of site selling templates for Wordpress sites. If you would like to sell templates and website designs, I think that you should venture into wordpress templates and designs because the market is bigger and the income can be very attractive.
Some site where you can sell templates:
14. Selling Vector Graphics on Website - Good for Graphics Designers, Not Me.I notice that some people create a website to display their designs and vector graphics. Vector graphics are pictures that can be re-sized into different sizes (big size or small size will not affect the quality of vector graphics). This is not my cup of tea because I am not good at graphic designs. If you already have a lot of vector graphics, then it is not a bad idea to start a site to promote your work.
15. Selling Physical Products on Your Site - Physical Products? What about the shipment?Selling physical products on website is not very popular but there are people making huge income from it.Some of the ways you can use to sell physical products without worrying about shipment is by using Amazon and Cafepress. Both site is great to make money and you do not need to bother about shipment because the sites will handle it. One of the example of sites making huge income using physical product is DigitalRev.com. From my understanding, they are using Amazon widget on their site and the sales generate great income for them.
So, do you get any idea from these 15 ways to make money from websites? I hope some of the methods here are useful for you and make money from your site. If you are starting a new site, maybe you can start using some of the methods here to generate more money.
About the Author: This Post is written by William Lee (Nickname: Greenleaf). Make money blogging and work from home is the best job I ever experienced.